PROTOCOL FOR VIOLATION HEARINGS:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE TO BE NO COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS FROM THE ATTENDEES WHO ARE NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN THE HEARING.
1) Presiding officer will introduce person requesting the hearing.
2) Chair of Violations Inspection Committee, ARC Chair, Management Company representative, or appointed designee, will review the violation history of the owner incident by incident, and then state the particular violation or penalty that the owner is contesting or challenging.
3) The owner will BRIEFLY AND TO THE POINT present the reason as to why the violation write-up was incorrect, why the violation was not corrected within the allotted time, and/or why the non-compliance penalty should not be imposed.
4) Board members may ask questions of the owner, Violations Inspection
Committee, or Management Company, and discuss the case.
5) Presiding Officer will ask for a motion regarding the case, and having that motion and a second, a vote will be held.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THE OWNER STRAYS FROM THE CASE IN POINT OR IS NOT BRIEF, THE PRESIDING OFFICER CAN INTERRUPT, AND ASK FOR A MOTION AND VOTE ON THE CASE, IN ORDER TO PROCEED WITH THE OTHER BOARD MEETING BUSINESS IN A TIMELY FASHION.